Science Fiction/Fantasy Writers Group Blog

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

The plan for tonight...

I won't be there this evening, due to a funeral that I have to be at tonight.

The world we work on is this: A continent, on an earthlike planet, Fantasy setting. No spaceships/sci-fi stuff.

And here's the things I want people to be thinking about:
Hans: think about what governments may be set up.
Angel: Think about what kind of races there will be
Stephen: weapons/vehicles/technological status, iron age/bronze age/ etc.
Grubbs: Magic, what're the rules?
Erin(if you're there): Monsters. What are the enemies of civilization in this place?
Jason, you'll be doing what I'd be doing if I were there. You're going to handle the Environment on the continent. Desert, forest, moutnains, island chains off the coast? You get to decide.

Now, if I were there, here's what we'd do tonight: we'd read the writing done for last week, comment on it the first half. The second half we'd have each person go around in the circle and talk about what they decided on for the world. After Grubbsy has written everything down, and everyone has had a turn to talk, then we start to mesh the concepts, ie. this race lives in the desert, and is natural enemies of this monster which lives in the forest, etc. This should work really well.

And then for next week, we do some of the same stuff, except this time we're responsible for different things.

Goddammit. I wish I was going to be there tonight. Oh well. Feel free to comment on my story below. I'm planning to add more detail fo' sho'. Peace out, my bruddas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home