Science Fiction/Fantasy Writers Group Blog

Friday, September 10, 2004

Well, since Grubbsy seems to be a bit lax, here are what I can remember as the guidelines:

The world is Mars, roughly 7000 years ago, and it is a dying world. The atmosphere, I think we all decided, is going to be very thin, but breathable, the water is tasty and crisp.

The aliens(whose name I can't remember) are roughly 15~20 feet tall, and have come to earth to get gold for their atmosphere. Their civilization is waning, and they are the ones who supposedly created humankind.

They live a really long time too. Their weapons are shipbound, sonic earthshakers and pillars of fire(very bible-esque, as well as L. Ron Hubbard-esque(surprise surprise)), but the aliens prefer to fight hand to hand, and apparently butt-nekkid. Humans, however, are not bound by this law.

Also, when aliens die, they are buried under a big rock. THe home world is starting to ignore this lil' outpost of earth, but Mars is still the waypost for ships going to Earth.

REMEMBER the setting for the stories is MARS, not EARTH. MARS.

And that's all I can remember, but that's all I need for my story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home